2013 Resolutions

Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Happy January 1st, 2013!!

I love the new year and the fresh start it brings. I am looking forward to 2013 and all the great things it has in store for our little family.

I have tried for a few years to find a way to make my resolutions stick. One year I tried making new goals every month, I think I lasted until March, and last year I decided to not make any at all and instead make a bucket list.

But this year I had a few resolutions I wanted to make in mind, I was really excited about them, and I wanted to find a way to keep them. I started reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and the way she kept track of her resolutions clicked with me. I wrote down all my resolutions, and then made a monthly chart I could put in my journal to keep track of how I was doing.

I really hope using the charts, along with throwing it out to the internet, will help keep me accountable this year and I can actually keep some of the resolutions I am making.

I also decided to keep my changes simple, little things I could do each day, or once a week/month, that would eventually lead to big changes in my life. I also tried to make them very specific, hoping this would also help me keep them.

All of my resolutions fit into four categories I really wanted to work on: Myself, Spiritual, Family, and Creative

********** Myself ********** 

*Exercise at least 3 times a week
*Complete one Puzzle every month
*Read at least one book a month


********** Spiritual **********

*Read the Book of Mormon
*Write daily in my Gratitude Journal
*Study the 12 Topics in the new LDS Youth Curriculum
*Morning and Evening Prayer
*Attend a Temple Session once a month


********** Family **********

*Weekly Family Home Evening
*Eat Family Dinner at home/eat out only when planned
*Read with my kids at least 5 days a week
*Finish the Book of Mormon (read at least 5 times a week)
*Be on time to church

*Pay off Credit Card Debt
*Build up Savings
*BUY A HOUSE

********** Creative **********

*Complete a 12 on 12 project once a month
*Complete 7 pages a week for our family album
*Complete a project from Pinterest every week
*Complete a weekly gratitude photography project

*Complete my 2012, 2013, and 2005 books by the end of the year.
*Have 2012 and 2005 printed in a book for each child and give as a Christmas present.

**************************************************

It is going to be a great year, I just know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment